Jan 8, 2014

He's 4


 Ridge turned 4 1/3/2014.  My sister Tawnya and her three boys came over for the day and to have a party.  It was a Ninja Turtle themed party but the turtle party masks were sold out in 4 different stores for the last month.  I was bummed because Ridge had gotten one from daycare a while back and he played with it all the time until Ranger chewed it up.  But they still had fun with their super hero masks.  I made them each do a jump shoot and a roll shoot at Shredder to make sure they were worthy of being ninjas.  Then they played a bean bag toss, and pin the mask on the turtle.  Ridge is happy to be a big four year old.  We all had a fun day.
 
 





Ridge at 4:
  • I think he's still average in size and weight, I'm not sure when his next doctors appointment is supposed to be.
  • He LOVES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
  • He loves action, I got him a cartoon for his birthday and after the first episode he was disappointed because there weren't enough fighting scenes. 
  • He ended up with 3 gold fish after Christmas and for ever single prayer he'd say or make the person say thank you for his fish. 
  • Two of the fish have since died and after the first one kicked the bucket Ridge wouldn't let me flush it, he said "mom I want to still look at it because it's such a cutie".  Luckily once he realized they got stinky we flushed them both and he said "good bye fishy" as it spun down the drain.
  • He is a very good worker outside but doesn't mind playing inside by himself when he's had enough work.
  • He became a Sunbeam in primary at church and was nervous at first but then he got to stand in the front while everyone sang Happy Birthday and he got a pencil, he thought it was pretty cool after that.
  • He is very independent and it's so handy!  He can get PJ's on, brush his teeth, and go potty before bedtime and all we have to do is double check them put him in bed.
  • He doesn't like to loose, he hates the game "Old Maid" because he is so afraid to get stuck with the old lady.  And I had to force him to play pin the mask on the turtle because he didn't want to be blind folded and not be able to pin it in the right spot. (I'm strongly working teaching games are for the fun of it not to win or loose)
  • He can comprehend a lot and remembers more then I think he can, but he also thinks he knows more then me so we frequently get in disagreements on who is right and wrong.  Then i wonder why I'm even bothering arguing with a 4 year old.
  • He is so sweet and lovable, he still loves to cuddle, hug, kiss, and take care of things.  He loves his stuffed horse hand puppet named Maco, and his new baby tiger he got from Aunt Valorie.
  • One of my favorite moments is when he first wakes up in the morning and runs to me and lets me hold him tight. 
  • He is so proud of his new bedroom and loves showing it off to anyone who comes over.
  • He has a special place in both Daniel and my hearts and we can't to see him continue to learn and grow and become a big brother.

No comments: